Monday, February 16, 2009

Well Pumps and Water Storage

Our Well now has pumps and a storage tank. Here are the pictures.



This device measures the depth of the water and the depth of the Well. Our Well is actually 597' deep. The water is at approximately 478'.

Here they are lowering the pump and the motor. These came separately and were assembled on site. The motor is 2hp and is the bottom portion. The pump is the top section. I think they set this at 520'. At that depth, it will pump 10 gal a minute.Here I am collecting a sample of water for testing.


This guy digs a very square hole.
This is our storage tank. It holds 1700 gallons of water. It contains a constant pressure system, level sensor, and another pump. There are many different ways to go when equipping your Well. Our system works like this. As we use water in our house, we are using the pump that is in the storage tank. When the storage tank gets low, the sensor turns on the pump in the bottom of the Well. This allows for less wear and tear on the pump at the bottom of the Well, and gives us a large storage of water, should anything go out.

4 comments:

Ken said...

It's been a while since I've been here at your blog. Glad to see I haven't missed much. Though I'm sure there's plenty of little things you do in futhering your project that you don't put in the blog.
When there's chances for us to help, let us know, and we'll do our best to be there.

Ken said...

Almost forgot, I tried bookmarking your blog again...

and this time it worked!

Anonymous said...

Good Day i am new on here. I stumbled upon this website I find It absolutely accommodating & it has helped me out loads. I should be able to contribute and support other people like it has helped me.

Cheers, See Ya Later

Anonymous said...

Hiya im fresh here. I came upon this chat board I have found It vastly accommodating & it's helped me out tons. I hope to give something back & assist other people like it has helped me.

Thanks, Catch You Around